Distracted Driving Accident Lawyers
Statistics have clearly shown that cell phones and motor vehicles are a dangerous and deadly combination. If a distracted driver due to cell phone or texting usage has caused your auto accident, the Chicago personal injury lawyers at Zayed Law Offices will pursue the compensation to which you are entitled. Contact us to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.
Texting while driving as dangerous as driving while intoxicated
According to a recent study promulgated by the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, cell phones cause more than 2,600 motor vehicle related deaths per year and over 330,000 injuries. Even drivers who use hands free headsets can be dangerous. Truckers who text while driving, for example, are more than 20 times as likely to be involved in an accident.
Statistics have shown that a person who is texting while operating a motor vehicle has the same impaired reaction time as a driver with an intoxication level of .08. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 500,000 drivers talk on their cell phones while driving every day.
Tips to avoid accidents if you drive while using your cellular phone
About 40% of people admit to having a close call because of a driver using a cell phone. If you are involved in a profession or line of work that requires cell phone usage while driving, consider using these tips to reduce your risk of serious injury:
- Use hands free devices such as a Bluetooth or an earpiece if possible
- Do not look up numbers or take notes while driving
- Try to make your calls when you are not moving or before you pull out into dangerous traffic
- Do not use your phone while in heavy traffic, hazardous weather, or stressful situations
- Try to keep your conversations short
Contact our Chicago car accident lawyers today for a free case evaluation.
If you have been involved in a car accident involving a personal injury, you can facilitate the resolution of your case by seeking the following information:
- Full name, address, driver’s license number, and insurance information of all parties to the car accident
- Observations pertaining to the accident such as whether a driver seemed under the influence of alcohol or if a brake light was out
- The full names, addresses, and telephone numbers for all passengers and pedestrians and potential witnesses
- Location, details, time and date of the car accident
In our legal system, victims of car accidents and car crashes are entitled to:
- Medical expenses
- Wage loss
- Pain and suffering
- Future medical expenses
- Future impairment of earning capacity
- Future pain and suffering
A Chicago car accident attorney will be able to help you recover the compensation you are entitled to recover.
After a car accident, you should always see a doctor. It is very common to walk away from a car crash feeling fine only to realize that you have suffered injuries days or months later. Even if you think you are alright, it is essential that you see a medical professional in the event of an Illinois car accident.
It is very common for individuals to “tough out” their injuries in the aftermath of a car accident. Postponing medical treatment can amplify injuries stemming from a serious injury, and a delay in treatment after a car accident can also jeopardize the strength of your personal injury claim.
In the event of a car accident, retaining the help of an Illinois car accident lawyer is an integral part of the recovery process. Attorneys serve as an advocate for your cause and your claim. You can count on an experienced personal injury attorney to look out for your interests at a time when it can be hard to find anyone on your side. However, you can trust an experienced Illinois personal injury attorney to guide you through this difficult time in your life.
If you are involved in a car accident, Zayed Law Offices can help you through every stage of the car accident personal injury process. You can strengthen your car accident case if you:
- Call medical services to the scene if necessary
- Call police
- Get the information of the other driver involved in the car wreck
- Notify your insurance carrier
- Make notes on the details of the accident
- Take photographs of the accident
- Get the information of any possible witnesses
- Stay at the scene of the car accident
Illinois requires that all drivers carry minimum levels of auto insurance. In the event that a motorist does not meet his obligation to carry mandatory car insurance, you can find yourself without financial recourse to redress your injuries. An experienced Chicago personal injury attorney will be able to take action to obtain compensation.
If you have been injured in a car accident with an uninsured driver, a Chicago car, truck and motorcycle accident attorney at Zayed Law Offices can help you recover for your losses.
What should I do if I am contacted by the insurance company of the driver who caused the accident?
You should not talk to the insurance company of the person who caused the car accident. Claims adjusters working for insurance companies are experts at mitigating losses and hurting the valid claims of victims. You should retain an experienced car accident lawyer who can advise you and counsel you through the personal injury process. Retaining the services of an Illinois car accident attorney will increase your recovery in the event of an injury from a car crash.