Car accidents have become a regular occurrence across the U.S., even in Rockford. Anyone in an auto crash can find the experience extremely traumatic, affecting the victim and loved ones forever. A car accident can leave victims with the crash's haunting memories that inhibit them from feeling safe in vehicles or permanent injuries that change their lives.
Fortunately, you can pursue compensation if the driver of another car caused the accident, leading to injuries you or someone you love suffered. This enables you to cover costs for the injuries you sustained. However, pursuing a settlement without proper legal representation can be challenging, time-consuming, and costly.
At Zayed Law Offices, we understand the troubles you will likely run into when seeking compensation for injuries you suffered after an auto accident. Our Rockford car accident lawyers can help you hold negligent drivers accountable for injuries sustained. With our free case evaluation service, we protect your rights and help you receive the maximum reward you deserve.
- Car Accident Statistics in Illinois
- Common Causes of Car Accidents in Rockford
- Car Accident Injuries on Rockford Roads
- Types of Rockford Car Accident Cases Our Rockford Car Accident Lawyer Handles
- Determining Liability in A Rockford Car Accident
- Timeline for a Rockford Car Accident Lawsuit
- Compensation for a Rockford Car Accident
- Quality Representation from Our Rockford Car Accident Lawyers
- Rockford Personal Injury Lawyer
Car Accident Statistics in Illinois
In a nutshell, a car accident happens when a vehicle collides with another car, including road debris, pedestrians, animals, or other stationary obstructions like a building or tree. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), car accidents injure over three million people annually in the United States.
The Illinois Department of Transportation reports that over 900 fatal traffic accidents occur annually, with nearly 300,000 motor vehicle crashes occurring in Illinois alone. In Rockford, several dangerous roads contribute to car crashes. These include East State and Alpine, South Maine and U.S. 20, East State and Perryville and Forest Hills, and Illinois Route 173.
Don't become a passive car accident statistic in Rockford. Call Zayed Law Offices' Rockford car accident lawyers. We can represent you can fight for the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Rockford
Several instances result in car accidents in Rockford and the surrounding areas. This ranges from high-speed collisions on I-90 due to aggressive drivers to low-speed accidents in retail parking lots caused by distracted driving. Many Rockford car accidents result in serious injuries.
Some common causes of auto crashes in Rockford include:
- Driver error - includes aggressive driving, drowsy or fatigued driving, drunk or intoxicated driving, and distracted driving.
- Pedestrian error - involves pedestrians walking in restricted areas like I-90 or stepping into traffic distractedly.
- Bicyclist error - involves riding in traffic, intoxicated or distracted cycling.
- Negligent maintenance of automobiles - includes failure to maintain vehicles, such as driving with worn-out tires or improper servicing of brakes.
Inclement weather can also result in a car crash, although most accidents that occur in inclement weather involve another driver's negligence. Illinois law requires drivers to drive safely depending on conditions.
For instance, you might pursue compensation when a motorist drives at or below the speed limit in snowfall or heavy rainfall. An experienced Rockford car accident lawyer can assess the events that led to your injuries and help you determine liability.
Car Accident Injuries on Rockford Roads
If you or someone you love involves in an auto accident in Rockford, it is essential to receive medical attention as soon as possible. With most car accident injuries evident, others like neck and back injuries may take several days or weeks to appear. Some serious injuries may also occur when cars travel at low speeds with minimal impact.
Typical car accident injuries in Rockford include:
- Head and back injuries: Closed head injuries are common among motorists and passengers in a car collision. The brain can rattle inside the skull and cause a concussion or brain injury. Back injuries may take time to appear and cause disc injury, fractured lumbar radiculopathy, sprain, and lumbar spine injury.
- Neck injuries: Most neck injuries are mild, like neck whiplash or strain, and can range to serious injuries such as cervical radiculopathy and disc injury.
- Psychological trauma: Most people involved, mainly in minor auto collisions, sustain long-lasting psychological trauma, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), nightmares, panic attacks, flashbacks, and depression. If you or your loved one has suffered psychological trauma due to an accident caused by another driver, document post-crash experiences to help our Rockford car accident lawyer to prove how seriously the crash has affected you.
Types of Rockford Car Accident Cases Our Rockford Car Accident Lawyer Handles
Our Rockford car accident lawyers handle various auto accident cases to protect the rights of different victims of road crashes.
Some types of Rockford car accident cases we handle include:
- Texting while driving accidents
- Stop sign accidents
- Wrong-way accidents
- Red-light running accidents
- Speeding-related crashes
- Rollover accidents
- Teen driving accidents
- Chain-reaction accidents
- Intoxicated or drunk driving accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Collisions involving cyclists and pedestrians
- Read-end accidents
- Tire blowout accidents
- Crosswalk accidents
Determining Liability in A Rockford Car Accident
When most motorists are involved in a motor vehicle collision, they assume the other driver is at fault. If you were driving carefully and following all the traffic laws in Rockford, you would likely blame the other driver for your injuries. However, you may also discover that other parties could have played a role in causing the wreck.
Suppose the other driver is held liable for the crash—you must show evidence of unsafe driving like driving under the influence, driving aggressively while swerving in traffic, or speeding. Proof of negligence, distracted driving, and driving while drowsy can make the other driver liable for your injuries. These are some circumstances that our Rockford car accident lawyer can look into when evaluating your case, determining liability, and estimating the value of your claim.
In some cases, the local government road authority might be held liable for injuries that resulted from a motor vehicle accident. For instance, you might pursue compensation if you were involved in an accident and suffered injuries because of debris left on the road by the road authorities. In addition, missing traffic signs, deep potholes, unmarked or unsecured road construction zones are other instances that can make the local government responsible for injuries suffered after a motor vehicle accident in Rockford, IL.
Although rare, the car manufacturer can also be held accountable for injuries suffered after a car accident due to faulty car parts or malfunctions. Car manufacturers are responsible for producing and maintaining safe automobiles. If manufacturers recalled one or more components of your vehicle but did not appropriately notify you, or a mechanic knowingly installed a defective part, you may seek compensation.
Zayed Law Offices' car accident lawyers can help you determine liability. We have helped thousands of victims get compensated by pursuing the party responsible for our client's injuries after a car accident. Contact us and let our experienced Rockford car accident lawyers protect your rights and help you receive maximum compensation.
Timeline for a Rockford Car Accident Lawsuit
The Illinois personal injury statute of limitations allows victims to file for an auto accident suit within two years from the time of the collision. By definition, the statute of limitations is when you must file your car accident lawsuit, with the time counting from the minute the accident occurred. Failing to file your claim two years after the accident usually makes your case ineligible for litigation.
Most people think that two years is an extended period, and they can wait for a while before filing a lawsuit against an at-fault party. However, it is essential to begin working with an experienced Rockford car accident lawyer at Zayed Law Offices. Taking weeks or months before filing your claim can damage valuable and critical pieces of evidence, or you may result in their loss. Therefore, the sooner you begin planning for a lawsuit the better, even if you receive an early offer from the insurance company.
Compensation for a Rockford Car Accident
Illinois laws require victims to prove the extent of damages suffered to receive the settlement or award they deserve. With our Rockford car accident lawyers, you get to access professional legal solutions that can establish your claim.
Some damages our law firm can help obtain compensation for include:
- Healthcare expenses, including future costs
- Vehicle repair or replacement expenses
- Compensation on wages lost during recovery
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of household services
- Emotional trauma like PTSD
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Wrongful death compensation for the victim's family members
Notably, medical expenses can run into tens of thousands of dollars; we may work with your physician to account for each incurred medical expense. That ensures you receive adequate compensation covering all your current and future medical costs. Further, the court may award a reward for punitive damages in certain cases that raise your compensation amount.
You may add damages to your financial status. These include damages that affect your career, family, or quality of life resulting from a car accident caused by another driver. Our Rockford car accident lawyers ensure that all your damages are covered when calculating the value of your claim.
What should I do after a motor vehicle collision in Rockford?
- Avoid driving away or moving any car mishap
- Protect the scene, such as setting up flares
- Call 9-1-1
- Make a record of the crash without speculating to an investigating officer
- Take pictures to record any visible evidence
- Report the crash to your insurance company
- Get medical attention for injuries caused by an accident
- Contact a Rockford car accident lawyer
Which is the most common type of car accident in Rockford, IL?
Rear-end collisions and angle crashes are the most common accidents, accounting for more serious injuries among victims. According to the NHTSA, rear-end collisions occur when a vehicle hits the back of another car, while angle crashes often happen at intersections or residential neighborhoods.
When should I file an auto accident lawsuit?
It is essential to file a car accident lawsuit immediately after the injury, as injury claims have a statute of limitations. In Illinois, personal injury claims have a time limit of two years from the date of the damage. This means you have to file your car accident lawsuit within the statute of limitations to avoid being barred from seeking compensation.
Quality Representation from Our Rockford Car Accident Lawyers
If you or your loved one were in a car accident caused by the negligence of another driver, our Rockford car accident lawyers can help you seek compensation. Zayed Law Offices is your first line of defense to pursue what you deserve. Our lawyers can protect your rights by providing comprehensive legal representation, ensuring you receive fair compensation.
Contact us at Zayed Law Offices online or call us at (815) 205-1519 to connect with a Rockford car accident lawyer or schedule a free case evaluation today.