Did you recently slip and fall because of a dangerous condition on someone else’s property in Chicago, Illinois? The business or property owner may be on the hook for your resulting injuries, costs, and suffering. Contact Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys to discover how our award-winning Chicago slip-and-fall accident lawyers can help you make the most of your fight for compensation.
Since 2009, slip-and-fall accident victims in Chicago have turned to Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys for help. Our team has been fighting for our clients after being involved in premises liability cases, Chicago pedestrian accidents, spinal cord injuries, Chicago construction accidents, workplace injuries, or any other devastating accidents.
Our top-rated Illinois trial attorneys have earned a reputation for being passionate, effective advocates and helping clients secure life-changing monetary awards from aggressive insurance companies and powerful corporations.
How Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help After a Slip, Trip, and Fall Accident in Chicago, IL
You understand that you may be entitled to compensation after a slip and fall. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to understand how to get the money you deserve, especially when you’re fighting a relentless insurance company that prioritizes profits over your well-being.
That’s where our Chicago slip and fall lawyers can help.
We’ve been taking on businesses, corporations, property owners, and insurance companies in Chicago for decades. The results: millions in successful financial recoveries for clients like you.
Take this time to focus on recovering from your slip and fall injury and leave the rest to us.
- Analyze accident reports, photographs of the scene of the accident, video footage, witness statements, and other evidence that can be used to establish liability and support a successful claim for damages
- Conduct a thorough investigation into your slip and fall
- Identify the hazards or dangers that contributed to your slip and fall
- Consult trusted experts and specialists
- Prepare and file necessary claims with the insurance company and/or court
- Seek a top-dollar settlement during negotiations
- Help you understand the potential benefits and/or drawbacks of accepting settlement offers you may receive
If the property owner or insurer doesn’t take your case seriously or extend a fair offer, our Chicago trial attorneys will be more than ready to bring your case to court. We thrive in the courtroom and never shy away from an opportunity to tell a client’s story to a jury.
You don’t need to worry about the cost of an attorney when you choose Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys. We work on a contingency fee basis. So, there’s no cost to you unless we win your slip and fall accident case.
Now is the time to take action. Don’t hesitate to ask for our help. Call our law office in Chicago, IL today.
Slips and Falls Can Happen Anywhere in Chicago
At Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys, we have extensive experience helping clients with a variety of slip and fall accident cases in Chicago.
We help clients in cases involving slips and falls at Chicago:
- Grocery stores
- Shopping malls
- Retail stores
- Warehouse stores
- Office buildings
- Government buildings
- Doctor’s offices
- Nursing homes
- Sporting complexes
Slips and falls aren’t limited to the indoors. We can also provide assistance if you’ve slipped and fallen in a parking lot or parking garage, at a park or playground, or on a Chicago sidewalk.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents?
Every year, about one million people are injured in slip and fall accidents nationwide. Most often, these accidents happen because property owners and businesses allow dangerous conditions or hazards to exist on their premises.
Some of the top contributors to slips and falls include:
- Slippery or slick surfaces
- Spills and puddles that haven’t been cleaned promptly
- Uneven floor surfaces
- Unsecured rugs and carpeting
- Loose carpeting
- Broken or missing handrails
- Broken stairs
- Broken sidewalks
- Uneven pavement
- Debris and garbage
- Electrical wires and cables
- Poor lighting
- Ice and snow
It’s important to identify every potential hazard that could have contributed to your slip and fall accident. Our slip-and-fall accident lawyers in Chicago will carefully analyze your case and work hard to pinpoint everything that could have allowed you to get hurt.
What Do I Have to Prove to Win My Chicago Slip and Fall Injury Case?
In Illinois, slip and fall cases are a matter of premises liability. Property owners have a duty to protect invited guests and visitors from hazards on the premises. This includes things that could potentially cause a guest to slip, trip, or fall.
When a property owner fails to identify hazards, fix them, and/or warn guests (depending on the circumstances), they can be considered negligent and liable for resulting accidents.
So, your slip-and-fall case will likely be based on the property owner’s alleged negligence.
To win, you’ll have the burden of proving:
- You were lawfully on the premises with the owner’s express or implied consent
- The property owner had a duty to protect you from non-obvious dangers and hazards
- A dangerous hazard or condition existed on the premises
- The owner, with actual or constructive knowledge of the condition, failed to fix it or provide an appropriate warning to you upon entry
- You slipped and fell because of this hazardous condition, and
- You’ve suffered damages, such as medical expenses, a loss of income, and/or emotional distress.
Evidence will be critical to the success of your case. This might include accident reports, photographs, video recordings of the fall, witness testimony, expert testimony, and medical records. The more compelling evidence you have to prove the owner breached their duty of care to you, the more likely it is you’ll win your slip and fall injury case.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Chicago Slip and Fall Accident Victims?
In Illinois, slip and fall accident victims can seek recovery of compensatory damages in an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Compensatory damages include money for verifiable financial losses associated with the accident (economic damages), as well as money for harder-to-value suffering (non-economic damages).
Our slip and fall lawyers in Chicago will actively work to get you compensation for things like:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
- Funeral expenses if a slip and fall accident is fatal
We will work tirelessly to ensure that you are properly compensated for all of the costs and losses you’ve experienced because of your avoidable slip and fall.
Can I Still Recover Compensation if the Property Owner Tries to Blame Me For a Slip and Fall?
It’s a common tactic for a property owner to argue that a hazard was open and obvious or that a victim’s own negligence caused them to slip and fall.
If you get blamed, it can directly impact your ability to recover compensation for resulting injuries.
Illinois has embraced a system of modified comparative negligence. There is a strict 51 percent bar to recovery.
This means that you can’t recover compensation if you’re more than half to blame for a slip and fall. Your damages are subject to reduction if you share some, but not most, of the blame for getting hurt.
Let’s say you’re assigned 15 percent of the blame for a recent slip and fall at a restaurant in Chicago. Your injuries are quite serious, so your case is valued at $100,000. However, you’ll only be entitled to a maximum recovery of $85,000 once shared fault is factored into the equation.
Common Slip, Trip, and Fall Injuries
When you slip and fall, your feet slip out in front of you, and momentum carries your torso and upper body backward.
When you trip and fall, your feet get stuck on an object or obstruction, causing the upper half of your body to move forward rapidly.
In either scenario, you can potentially suffer serious, potentially life-threatening injuries.
At Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys, we’re here to help you fight to get compensation for all of your slip and fall injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Fractured skull
- Spinal cord injury
- Spinal fracture
- Back injury
- Broken bones, particularly in the hands, arms, and fingers
- Complete or partial amputation
- Nerve damage
- Chest injury
- Internal organ damage
- Joint injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death of a loved one
After a slip and fall, it’s important to report the incident and seek emergency medical treatment at a local hospital in Chicago right away. These two simple steps can be critical to your health and the success of a future legal claim for damages.
How Long Do I Have to File a Slip and Fall Lawsuit in Chicago, Illinois?
Most slip and fall lawsuits in Illinois are subject to a two-year time limit.
The statute of limitations applies to cases involving personal injury and wrongful death.
Once the deadline expires, you will no longer have the opportunity to demand financial accountability from a negligent property owner or business.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Trusted Chicago Slip and Fall Lawyer
Make the most of your slip and fall accident lawsuit by calling Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys for help. Our Chicago slip and fall accident lawyers have the experience, resources, and savvy legal strategies you’ll need to get top results.
We’ve won millions for our clients in Chicago, and now we’re ready to help you get every cent you deserve, too.
We offer a free consultation at our Chicago, IL law office, so don’t hesitate to call us to schedule yours today.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Chicago, IL
Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys
10 S La Salle St STE 1230
Chicago, IL 60603
Monday: Open 24 hours
Tuesday: Open 24 hours
Wednesday: Open 24 hours
Thursday: Open 24 hours
Friday: Open 24 hours
Saturday: Open 24 hours
Sunday: Open 24 hours
Our personal injury law firm in Chicago, IL also provides:
- Aviation Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Boating Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Bone Fracture Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Burn Injury Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Brain Injury Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Child Injury Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Civil Rights Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Commercial Events Injury Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Commercial Fire and Explosion Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Spinal Cord Injuries Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Train Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Uber Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Whiplash Injury Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Workplace Injury Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Chicago, IL