Have you recently suffered a brain injury in an accident in Chicago, Illinois? If your injury is the result of someone else’s negligence or intentionally harmful actions, you may be entitled to compensation. Call Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys to discover how our Chicago brain injury lawyers can help you maximize your financial recovery.
Since 2009, our award-winning Illinois trial attorneys have helped victims of catastrophic brain injuries move forward with their lives.
Through aggressive, detail-oriented representation, we’ve won tens of millions in settlements and jury awards for clients involved in catastrophic injuries, Chicago commercial fire and explosion accidents, Chicago construction accidents, Lyft accidents, wrongful death cases, spinal cord injuries, and more.
Don’t settle for less than your brain injury case is worth. Demand every cent you deserve. Let us help. Contact our Chicago personal injury law office at (312) 726-1616 to set up a free consultation now.
How Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help If You’ve Suffered a Brain Injury in a Chicago, IL Accident
Brain injuries can be catastrophic and fundamentally change your life forever. If someone else is responsible, they must be held accountable. However, getting compensation can be more challenging than it should be.
Set yourself up for a successful result by turning to the experienced personal injury lawyers at Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys for help.
At Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys, we’ve earned a reputation for providing top-tier legal representation and winning top results. It’s one of the many reasons our attorneys are recognized as Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Top 40 Under 40 by The National Trial Lawyers, and members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
When you ask for our help, you’ll benefit from our extensive legal experience, vast knowledge of Illinois personal injury law, and no-nonsense approach to negotiations.
Count on us to:
- Carefully investigate the circumstances of the accident or act of negligence that caused your brain injury
- Gather evidence to build a compelling legal claim for damages
- Enlist the help of medical experts, brain injury specialists, rehabilitation professionals, and other expert witnesses
- Defend against allegations of shared responsibility that could hurt your case
- Use smart and savvy negotiation tactics to leverage a meaningful settlement offer on your behalf
If you’re not offered a fair settlement, our respected Illinois trial attorneys will be fully prepared to bring your case to a Cook County jury. We’ll do whatever it takes to get you the best possible outcome, no matter the time or resources we need to invest to win.
Our brain injury attorneys in Chicago work on contingency, so there’s no risk in asking for our help. You only pay if we win your brain injury case. End of story.
Give us a call or reach out to us online to learn more.
What is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) typically occurs when you suffer a bump, blow, or jolt to the head. The force of impact can cause the brain to shift, twist, turn, and move within the skull. This can lead to bleeds, tears, or blunt force trauma to the organ, resulting in a disruption of brain function.
Types of Brain Injuries
The term traumatic brain injury is used to refer to a number of different specific types of injuries to the brain.
Some of the most common brain injuries include:
- Diffuse axonal injury
- Coup-contrecoup brain injury
- Skull fracture
- Penetrating brain injury
- Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE)
Brain injuries are classified based on the length of time a person loses consciousness and the symptoms they exhibit. There are three primary classifications: mild, moderate, and severe.
How Common Are Brain Injuries?
It’s estimated that about 1.7 million Americans suffer a brain injury annually. Brain injuries are most prevalent in teens between the ages of 15 and 19 and adults aged 65 and over.
According to the CDC, roughly 190 people die from a traumatic brain injury every day. That’s more than 69,000 fatal TBIs annually.
Signs and Symptoms of a Brain Injury
Anytime you suffer a head injury, there’s a possibility that you could sustain a brain injury. This is true, even if the bump or blow to the head was relatively minor.
It’s important to be alert and on the lookout for any of the following symptoms if you’ve hit your head:
- Slurred speech
- Memory loss
- Headache, often worsening over time
- Blurred vision
- Hearing loss
- Cognitive dysfunction
- Loss of motor control or function
- Loss of consciousness
If you or a loved one exhibit any of these symptoms, it’s important to seek emergency medical treatment. Prompt care may be necessary to limit the seriousness of your brain injury and help you get on the best road to recovery.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries in Chicago
According to the CDC, falls are the leading cause of traumatic brain injuries in the United States, accounting for about half of all hospitalizations. This can include falls at work, slips and falls, falls from heights, and falls in the elderly population.
Motor vehicle accidents and assaults are also commonly indicated in brain injury cases.
In terms of fatal traumatic brain injuries, gun-related suicides are the leading cause.
At Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys, we have decades of experience representing clients in brain injury cases involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Sports injuries
- Premises liability
- Negligent security
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Birth injury
- Product liability
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our top-rated brain injury lawyers in Chicago, IL for help with your case. Experience can make a world of difference in how your case unfolds. Put ours to work for you today.
What’s My Chicago Brain Injury Case Worth?
Every brain injury is different. Every victim will have a unique story to tell. That’s part of the reason the average cost of treating a brain injury can range between $85,000 to upwards of $3 million.
Ultimately, it’s the details of your story that will be important when calculating what your brain injury case might be worth.
- What type of traumatic brain injury did you suffer?
- Will your brain injury cause permanent damage?
- Are you able to continue working?
- How has your earning capacity changed?
- Do you require assistance performing everyday tasks, like bathing, eating, using the bathroom, or driving?
- What kind of out-of-pocket costs have you incurred?
- Did your own negligence contribute to your brain injury?
- What steps were taken to mitigate your brain injury?
- How old are you?
- Has the brain injury shortened your life expectancy?
The more your life changes, the more your brain injury claim could potentially be worth.
You can learn more about your case and its potential value by contacting an experienced personal injury attorney near you in Chicago. Call Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys to get started with a free case evaluation now.
What Damages Are Available to Chicago Brain Injury Victims?
When you suffer a brain injury due to someone else’s negligent or wrongful actions, you can potentially recover compensatory damages through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Compensatory damages fall into two categories: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages are awarded to help cover the costs and future losses associated with your brain injury, such as:
- Current medical bills related to hospitalization, surgery, medication, medical devices, and treatment
- Future medical expenses, including costs related to travel and lodging
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages and income
- Lost job opportunities
- Nursing assistance
- Funeral expenses if a brain injury is fatal
On the other hand, non-economic damages are awarded to make up for the more difficult-to-value trauma you experience as a brain injury victim.
This can include money for:
- Pain and suffering
- Chronic physical pain
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
In some cases, a jury in Chicago may also have the discretion to award punitive damages. These are reserved for situations where a defendant’s conduct is blatantly intentional or grossly negligent. Often, this can include brain injury cases involving drunk drivers, hit-and-run motorists, distracted drivers, defective products, or medical negligence.
How Long Do I Have to File a Brain Injury Lawsuit in Chicago, Illinois?
Brain injury lawsuits are typically subject to a two-year statute of limitations in the state of Illinois.
This deadline also applies to wrongful death lawsuits if a family member suffers a fatal brain injury in a Chicago accident.
You will miss the opportunity to recover compensation if you allow the statute of limitations to expire before taking action.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Experienced Chicago Brain Injury Lawyers
Call Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys if you’ve recently suffered a brain injury in a Chicago accident. You may be entitled to a substantial monetary award, and our Chicago brain injury attorneys are prepared to help you maximize your recovery.
When you choose Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys, you put a team of award-winning litigators that have won millions in life-changing financial awards in your corner.
Don’t hesitate to ask for our help. Call our Chicago law office to arrange a time or a free consultation now.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office In Chicago, IL
Our personal injury law firm in Chicago, IL also provides:
- Aviation Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Boating Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Bone Fracture Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Burn Injury Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Child Injury Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Civil Rights Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Commercial Events Injury Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Commercial Fire and Explosion Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Spinal Cord Injuries Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Train Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Uber Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Whiplash Injury Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Workplace Injury Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Chicago, IL