Did you recently get hurt or lose a close family member in an accident in Wheaton, Illinois? Call Zayed Law Offices for legal help. If another person's negligence or wrongdoing caused your accident, you may have a right to compensation. Our experienced Wheaton personal injury lawyers are ready to help you work toward the life-changing financial award you deserve.
When you choose Zayed Law Offices, you put a team of award-winning Illinois trial attorneys with decades of experience in your corner. We’ve won tens of millions for our clients in cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, medical malpractice, slip and fall accidents, defective products, wrongful death, and other matters of personal injury.
Call our law office in Wheaton, IL, to learn more. Your first consultation is free.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer After an Accident in Wheaton, IL?
Insurance companies know that you’re more likely to win your case and secure a higher settlement when you hire an attorney to represent you.
That’s exactly why they don’t want you to ask for help.
When you hire a personal injury lawyer in Wheaton, you:
- Force the insurance company to engage in fair and meaningful settlement negotiations
- Benefit from the firm’s resources and network of expert witnesses
- Ensure that your case satisfies all Illinois procedural requirements, including filing deadlines, and
- Give yourself the time and opportunity to focus on recovering from your injuries.
Simply put, hiring a lawyer puts a legal advocate in your corner and sets you up for success. However, never underestimate the importance of choosing the right attorney for your situation.
How Zayed Law Offices Can Help You and Your Family Maximize Your Recovery
We, at Zayed Law Offices, have earned a reputation as respected litigators who consistently achieve top results for our clients in various personal injury disputes.
Our commitment or our clients and track record of success have earned us top designations in the legal field, including Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers, and members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Here’s what to expect when you put your trust in our Wheaton personal injury law firm:
- A thorough and detailed investigation into your accident
- Careful analysis of evidence that can help to build a compelling and successful legal claim for damages
- Consultations with highly-regarded experts and specialists
- Tough negotiations with insurance companies and defendants designed to leverage a meaningful settlement offer for you and your family
- Thoughtful and honest answers to questions you have throughout the claims process
- Explanations of the pros and cons of accepting settlement offers you may receive
We excel in the courtroom as skilled negotiators. Our goal will be to get you a top-dollar settlement early on, but we will never hesitate to bring your case to a jury if we believe you’ll get a better result.
There’s no out-of-pocket fee to hire our law firm. You only pay if we win or settle your case. Call us to set up a time to discuss your case with a Wheaton personal injury attorney today.
We Handle All Types of Personal Injury Cases in Wheaton
At Zayed Law Offices, we have decades of experience representing clients in personal injury cases involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boating accidents
- Uber and Lyft rideshare accidents
- Bus accidents
- Train accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Birth injury
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Workplace accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death, and more.
We’ve won tens of millions for our clients. Put our experience to work for you. Call our law office in Wheaton for a free case evaluation.
How Much Is My Wheaton Personal Injury Case Worth?
Many factors can impact the potential value of your personal injury case. These include:
- How did you get injured?
- What types of injuries did you suffer?
- Are your injuries permanent?
- How have your injuries affected your ability to work?
- Will you require long-term medical treatment?
- Will you need help performing everyday tasks, like eating, bathing, or driving?
- Are you being blamed for your accident and injuries?
- What types of insurance benefits are available?
- How old were you at the time of the accident?
- Were you the victim of an intentional tort like assault or battery?
The more of an impact your accident and injuries have on your life, the more you can typically expect to recover through an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Make the most of your fight for compensation by hiring a respected Wheaton personal injury attorney to represent you. Zayed Law Offices is here to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What Types of Compensation Can I Get After a Wheaton, IL Accident?
In Illinois, if you file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit, you may receive compensatory damages.
Compensatory damages include:
- Economic damages to make you financially whole, and
- Non-economic damages to offset the difficult-to-value trauma you endure.
This can include money for:
- Current and future medical bills
- Nursing care
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Lost wages
- Funeral expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional distress
In some situations, punitive damages might also be available. Under Illinois law, a jury must find compelling evidence that the defendant’s conduct was particularly reprehensible, exhibiting malice or gross negligence.
Our personal injury lawyers in Wheaton, IL, will examine your case and construct a comprehensive case aimed at maximizing the compensation you are entitled under Illinois state law.
Can Shared Fault Hurt My Personal Injury Settlement in Illinois?
Yes. Illinois is one of many states to adopt a 51 percent bar to recovery under its system of modified comparative negligence.
Simply put, you can’t recover damages in a lawsuit if you’re more than half to blame for your accident or injuries.
You can recover a reduced award if you share some, but not most, of the responsibility for the accident.
Damages are reduced proportionately. So, let’s say you were recently injured in a car accident in Wheaton, Illinois. Your case is worth $100,000. However, since you were speeding at the time of the wreck, we assign you 25 percent of the blame. As a direct result, your maximum settlement or jury award will equal $75,000.
It’s important to brace yourself for allegations of shared fault. They’re a common tactic used to shift blame and limit liability. Our Wheaton personal injury attorneys will be ready to help you fight these allegations. We’ll work to uncover evidence to disprove these claims and challenge the validity and reliability of witnesses speaking out against you.
Our goal: to minimize how much, if any, liability you’re assigned for your accident.
What’s the Statute of Limitations on Illinois Personal Injury Cases?
Most personal injury lawsuits in the state of Illinois are subject to a two-year statute of limitations. You have until the second anniversary of your accident, the date you discover your injury, or a loved one's wrongful death to formally pursue compensation.
While there are some exceptions to this general rule, they are few and far between. It’s essential that you file your claim within the applicable deadline. If you don’t, you’ll lose the right to recover the money you need and deserve.
Protect yourself by calling Zayed Law Offices for help right away. Contacting us immediately will enable us to review your case, coordinate a prompt investigation, and ensure that filing deadlines are met.
What Do I Have To Prove To Win My Wheaton Personal Injury Case?
Most personal injury cases in Wheaton are based on negligence.
In your claim or lawsuit, you assert that another person's careless actions have directly resulted in your injury.
To win your case, you’ll need to establish the following elements:
- Duty: the defendant in your case owed you a duty of care (e.g., to maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition because you were an invited guest)
- Breach: the defendant breached this duty of care in some way (e.g., failed to fix a broken step leading up to a restaurant)
- Causation: you were injured as a direct and proximate result of the defendant’s conduct (e.g., you fell through the broken step because the owner didn’t fix it or warn you about it)
- Damages: you’ve suffered identifiable damages (e.g., medical bills, lost earnings, PTSD).
In Illinois, your personal injury case must be proven by a preponderance of the evidence. A fact-finder has to believe that your claims are more likely true than not.
Set yourself up for success by putting a team of experienced attorneys on your case. At Zayed Law Offices, we’ve carefully constructed thousands of successful negligence actions for clients like you. Call our law office in Wheaton to find out how we can help you win your personal injury case, too.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Trusted Wheaton Personal Injury Lawyer
You got hurt because someone else was careless. You shouldn’t have to deal with the consequences on your own. Zayed Law Offices can help you file a legal claim and demand compensation from liable parties and their insurance providers.
Contact our Wheaton personal injury lawyers to get started. We offer a free case evaluation, which gives you the opportunity to discuss your case and discover the benefits of working with our top-rated Illinois personal injury law firm. Get in touch to schedule yours today.