Whether you are a Rockford resident or just visiting this city, if someone harmed you in an accident in Rockford, your whole life can change instantly. It can leave you dealing with not only catastrophic injuries and debilitating pain but astronomical medical expenses that can forever affect your ability to live the life you always wanted.
However, if this accident was due to the wrongful actions of another, you should not have to deal with these devastating consequences on your own. Rather, you deserve financial relief for the losses you sustained and justice for the injuries you endured. Thankfully, you will not have to fight for this compensation alone with the right Rockford personal injury accident attorney on your team, like those from the Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys. Call (815) 662-0330.
- Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury AttorneysâAbout Us
- Common Personal Injury Accidents in Rockford
- Common Injuries Resulting From a Rockford Personal Injury Accident
- Frequently Asked Questions Following a Rockford Personal Injury Accident
- Contact A Rockford Personal Injury Lawyer Today
- Rockford Personal Injury Lawyer
Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys—About Us
The Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys was founded in 2009 by attorney Adam Zayed to provide individuals injured in an accident with the legal assistance they need. Today, the firm has not only met these goals but has surpassed them and is known for its solid reputation amongst its peers in the legal field and for providing strong and compassionate representation to those that need it most.
In addition, as a result of our dedication, experience, and drive, we have not only helped countless clients, but we have also secured millions of dollars on their behalf through settlement negotiations and trial verdicts, including these recent judgments:
- $1.3 million settlement for a trucking accident
- $1.5 million settlement for a commercial vehicle accident
- $1.3 million for a wrongful death
- $950,000 settlement for a medical malpractice incident
- $725,000 settlement for a semi-truck crushing accident
- $225,000 settlement for a drunk driving accident
- $200,000 settlement for a pedestrian accident
Common Personal Injury Accidents in Rockford
Personal injury law, also referred to as tort law, is intended to protect you if you or your property has been harmed by another person's actions or failure to act. Yet, although almost any type of accident can result in a personal injury claim in Rockford, certain personal injury accidents tend to occur more frequently than others. These accidents include:
A motor vehicle crash is defined as the event in which a vehicle collides with another car, pedestrian, animal, road debris, or stationary obstruction, such as a pole, tree, or building.
Even though many circumstances can cause these car accidents, they typically result from:
- Distracted driving such as eating, grooming, and texting while behind the wheel
- Intoxicated driving
- Poor weather, especially in Rockford, where the winter months tend to last from December until March and the inclement weather often results in snowy and icy roads, which can lead to dangerous driving conditions
- Reckless driving
- Vehicle defects, as well as motor vehicle part defects
- Hazardous intersections, including the intersection of Alpine and Guilford at Brendenwood or East State Street and North Perryville Road
Premises Liability Accidents
A premises liability accident often involves an individual seeking damages for a personal injury they sustained because a property owner failed to safely maintain their premises.
The most common types of accidents that often give rise to a premises liability claim include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Construction site negligence
- Parking lot accidents
- Inadequate security
Medical Malpractice Cases
Medical malpractice occurs when a physician treating a patient deviates from the accepted norms of practice in the medical community, causes an injury to the patient, and the injury results in substantial financial damages.
Wrongful Death Accidents
A wrongful death happens when an individual is killed because of another person's negligence or misconduct. However, as a result of this death, a personal representative can file a lawsuit against those responsible for the decedent's death and pursue damages on behalf of the decedent's survivors or the estate.
Product Liability Accidents
A product liability accident occurs when the manufacturer or seller places a defective product in the consumer's hands, and this product injures the consumer. It is also important to point out that everyone in the distribution chain can be held responsible for the harm and damages that the customer endured because of this product.
Other Personal Injury Accidents
Although the list above contains some of the more common types of Rockford accidents that result in a personal injury claim, this list does not include every single type of accident that can lead to a lawsuit. For instance, catastrophic accidents, burn injury accidents, boating accidents, trucking accidents, rideshare accidents, nursing home abuse, and even train accidents are other types of personal injury accidents that can also result in a viable legal claim.
If another person's intentional, negligent, or reckless actions harmed you in a Rockford accident, reach out to our experienced personal injury law firm at Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys as soon as possible. Our legal professionals can not only review your accident and figure out if you have a viable legal case and can fight for the compensation you deserve.
Common Injuries Resulting From a Rockford Personal Injury Accident
Personal injury accidents result in injuries that can affect almost every part of the body, but these injuries occur more frequently:
- Birth injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Facial trauma, including eye damage
- Internal organ damage
- Deep lacerations
- Soft tissue injuries
- Severe burns
- Wrongful death
Frequently Asked Questions Following a Rockford Personal Injury Accident
Following a Rockford personal injury accident, you likely have numerous questions regarding your legal rights and remedies. However, until you can discuss your case with a skilled Rockford personal injury accident lawyer, we have prepared answers to the following frequently asked questions that our clients often have after an accident. We hope with these responses, you have a better understanding of your legal options.
How Much Time Do You Have to File a Legal Claim Following a Rockford Personal Injury Accident?
In Illinois, the law indicates that the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is two years from the accident date. This means that if you suffered injures in an accident in Rockford, you would only have two years to file a claim unless there is an exception that applies to this rule that impacts this filing period.
However, if you do not file your case within this time, you cannot obtain compensation for your losses. That is why, following a personal injury accident, you should reach out to a skilled personal injury accident lawyer as soon as you can. At Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys, when you hire our team, we can review your case, figure out the maximum amount of time you have to file your lawsuit, and adequately prepare and submit all of your legal motions to the correct court before time runs out.
What Things Should You Do Following a Rockford Personal Injury Accident?
Following a Rockford personal injury accident, you are likely not thinking about the steps you need to take next. However, it is important to realize that the actions you take after this type of accident can not only protect your safety but your legal rights as well. For these reasons, following a personal injury accident, you should consider doing the following:
Call 911 Immediately
You should call 911 immediately after being harmed in a personal injury accident. This is the quickest way to alert medical crews and the police of the accident and get the incident on record. Once the police arrive, they can perform a preliminary investigation and jot down information regarding the accident in their police report. If you decide to pursue legal action after the accident, this report can provide you with valuable evidence and help your legal claim.
Collect as Much Evidence as You Can From the Scene
Depending on the extent of your injuries and whether the scene is safe, you should try to collect as much evidence as you can from the scene.
This evidence should include photos and videos of the accident that caused your harm and:
- Any dangerous conditions
- The motor vehicles involved
- The weather conditions at the time of the accident, and
- Any other details that can help show what happened
Exchange Personal Information With Others From the Accident
Try to exchange information with those involved in the accident. For example, if you were involved in an automobile collision, you should try to exchange personal details with the other drivers involved, including names, contact details, driver's license numbers, and insurance information.
Yet, as you talk to these individuals, make sure you watch what you say. This means you should avoid apologizing for the accident, taking the blame for what happened, or making any definitive statements about the incident. These types of comments can come back and hurt your case, impacting the amount of money you receive.
Check for Witnesses and Get Their Information
If other people at the scene saw what happened, try to get their names and phone numbers. These individuals can often provide you and your lawyer with helpful details regarding the incident and can also help back up your claim.
How Can I Prove Who Is Responsible for My Accident?
It can be challenging to prove who is at fault in a personal injury accident. That's why legal help is always so important—lawyers know the law well and can make sure you don't miss even a piece of evidence that could be relevant. To prove who is responsible, the main thing you'll need is evidence.
If possible, collect:
- Medical records and bills.
- Receipts for repairs to your vehicle, your bike, or other damaged property such as a damaged cell phone.
- Photos or video recordings from the accident scene.
- The police report, if applicable.
- Witness statements.
- A journal of the suffering you have endured since the accident, personally, financially, and physically.
- Witness evidence from your family and friends that corroborates what you record in your journal.
- Expert testimony from medical professionals who can testify to the potential future effects of your injuries.
Don't worry if this seems a bit overwhelming. A good personal injury lawyer will help you gather the evidence you need so that you don't have to worry about missing anything important.
Contact A Rockford Personal Injury Lawyer Today
To bring a successful legal claim following a Rockford personal injury accident, you not only must provide strong legal arguments but detailed and relevant evidence proving your case. However, if you suffered devastating injuries because of this accident, this is probably the last thing you want to prepare.
Fortunately, with an experienced Rockford personal injury accident lawyer on your side, such as those from the Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys, you will not have to take on this legal fight alone. Rather, you can focus on your healing and recovery while these skilled legal professionals take on this legal battle on your behalf.
Once retained, our lawyers can:
- Go over your Rockford personal injury accident with you in detail, evaluate whether you have a viable claim, and determine what legal options you can pursue.
- Go over all of your questions and concerns, provide you with the answers you need, and offer you the legal support you require during this difficult time in your life.
- Investigate your accident and secure the evidence needed to show what happened and who was responsible for your harm and injuries.
- Ensure that all your legal motions are correctly prepared and filed before the statute of limitations expires.
- Bring in the experts such as accident reconstructionists, doctors, and financial specialists to validate your claim.
- Take on the insurance company and the defense team and fight for a just settlement.
- Head to trial if the other side is unwilling to negotiate fairly and go after maximum compensation.
If your life was disrupted because of a Rockford personal injury accident, do not wait any longer to get the legal help you need. Instead, contact the Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys today at (815) 205-1519 for a free case evaluation and let our skilled Rockford personal injury accident lawyers show you how we can help you fight for your rights and the justice you deserve.