We have all been told – and perhaps comforted – by the statistic that airplanes are the safest means of transportation. Safer even than cars, buses, and trains, although many of us ride in one or more of those vehicles on a daily basis.
Airplane accidents happen. They’re deadly and devastating for families emotionally and physically.
Most aviation accidents or plane crashes result in serious injury or even death, along with lasting mental and physical trauma for the survivors.
In comparison with other types of transportation accidents, such as commercial vehicle accidents, Chicago train accidents, truck accidents, bicycle accidents, or Chicago boating accidents, airplane accidents are more certain to lead to catastrophic injury or even death.
Therefore, in the event of aviation accidents, the victims and their families should consult with a Chicago aviation lawyer to get compensation and recover damages from the parties at fault.
What Causes an Aviation Accident or a Plane Crash?
More than 70% of the airplane crashes that have occurred in the past five decades have been caused by human errors such as pilot errors, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation: Federal Aviation Administration.
The next largest cause of aviation accidents is a mechanical error due to faulty manufacturing, improper construction, poor maintenance, safety failures or inspection failures, or similar issues.
In further detail, some common causes of aviation accidents or airplane crashes include but are not limited to:
- Pilot negligence
- Air traffic controller negligence
- Pilot error
- Manufacturer’s negligence
- Engine design problems
- Faulty equipment
- Structural or design problems
- Weather conditions such as storms, snow, sleet, hail, or other severe or unusual weather conditions
Aviation accidents and plane crashes can be caused by a combination of the factors listed above or by other factors not included; the Chicago injury lawyers at Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys will investigate your particular plane crash and get to the bottom of the cause(s).
This will help to determine the parties at fault in your aviation accident claim.
Types of and Causes Aviation Accidents and Plane Crashes
All kinds of airplane crashes can be devastating, and you most likely require representation in any event if you or a loved one has been involved in an aviation accident.
Our aviation litigation team provides representation for cases including but not limited to:
- Aircraft accidents and plane crashes
- Aircraft negligence
- Commercial aircraft accidents
- Private aircraft accidents
- Helicopter crashes and helicopter accidents
No matter what type of aircraft is involved, our aviation attorneys can help you determine what type of claim you have, the parties at fault, which jurisdiction(s) you should file lawsuits in, and more during a difficult time in you and your family’s lives.
Being involved in a plane crash can be physically, emotionally, and financially devastating, so it is important you work with an experienced aviation litigation team as soon as possible after the accident occurs.
What is an Chicago Aviation Accident Attorney?
Aviation litigation is complex. After a plane crash, you’ll need help to assess the accident, fault, and your recovery options.
The aviation accident lawyers at Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys will stand by your side and fight for your rights during this difficult time in your life.
We will gather all the relevant information needed to investigate the plane crash or accident including pictures and video of the crash site, statements from witnesses, pilots, aircraft controllers, first responders, experts, and more.
We’ll gather evidence like medical bills, file a personal injury claim against the at-fault parties, and negotiate for a fair settlement for your family.
Why Do I Need a Chicago Airplane Accident Attorney?
If a plane crash occurs, contact an aviation attorney immediately to protect your rights and your family’s rights.
This holds true whether the plane crash or aviation accident in question occurred in the United States or in another country.
The regulations laid down in the Montreal Convention of 1999 may permit you to bring suit regardless of the location of the crash.
If you are unsure if you have a claim or how to bring a lawsuit claim for a plane accident, contact an aircraft litigation attorney as soon as possible to help you assess the situation and determine the next steps.
Where Do I Find a CHicago Plane Crash Law Firm?
If you were in a plane crash or accident involving a plane, helicopter, or other private or commercial aircraft and you need an aviation litigation attorney because you were not at fault and suffered damages, then contact the experienced plane crash lawyers at Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys.
Seek legal counsel after aviation accidents. Victims with lawyers get almost triple the usual insurance payouts. It’s vital for better compensation.
Therefore, it is essential to contact an aviation accident lawyer as soon as possible after an airplane crash so that they have the best possible opportunity to track down any and all witnesses and investigate key evidence before it is purposefully or inadvertently destroyed.
Furthermore, if an airline, commercial aircraft company, or private aircraft company becomes involved, things can become even more complicated because more parties and large companies may become involved, including their insurance providers.
This makes it especially essential to engage the services of an aircraft litigation attorney who has experience handling these types of cases as soon as possible after the crash.
Who is at Fault in an Aviation Accident?
Plane crashes are complex and catastrophic, leading to extensive investigation, fault determination, and prevention strategies development.
Aviation accidents can be preventable, caused by general aviation safety breaches like human error or machinery malfunctions.
In the event that the latter – a machinery or equipment failure – occurred, the following parties may be held liable:
- The manufacturer or manufacturers of the equipment if the machinery had a design or manufacture defect or was otherwise inherently defective
- The airline or owner of the plane if said person or entity did not routinely service and inspect the equipment or machinery
- The pilot if they did not act with a reasonable amount of care in the face of mechanical failure
- The pilot if they made a critical error that caused the equipment failure
- Air traffic controllers in the case of ceasing to report data or giving the pilot incorrect data. Air traffic controllers guide pilots during takeoff and landing, crucial flight phases. Failures in their instructions can make them liable for crashes.
What Should I Do After Being Involved in an Aviation Accident?
If you were in an aircraft accident, hire experienced aviation injury attorneys promptly for you or a loved one.
Your aviation accident lawyer manages lawsuit details, presents in court or secures a satisfying out-of-court settlement, handling everything in between.
How Much Is a Chicago Aviation Accident Lawsuit Worth?
Based on available reports from various cases, airlines, and other public data, aviation or aircraft accident settlements are often reported to be valued at over $1,000,000 or more.
Of course, amounts vary according to the circumstances and details of a given case.
Always consult with an aviation litigation attorney familiar with these types of cases before considering the value of your particular plane accident lawsuit case.
Compensation For Aviation Accidents
Under current law, the plaintiff in an airplane crash accident lawsuit can pursue compensation for losses including but not limited to:
- Current and future medical costs encompass various expenses such as hospital visits, doctor’s appointments, physical therapy, ambulance fees, and other related medical care costs required for recovering from aircraft accident injuries. This can include future costs of care as well, which is particularly valid in the case of catastrophic injuries such as the loss of a limb or limbs or paralysis.
- The aircraft accident or plane crash causes pain and suffering, emotional distress, and anguish. It also leads to the expenses of mental care for conditions like post-traumatic stress disorder, which the plane crash triggers.
- Injuries from an aircraft accident can cause individuals to miss work, resulting in lost wages, which may be one of the most financially devastating consequences of involvement in a plane or helicopter crash.
- Loss of future income due to injuries from the plane crash, including loss of limbs, paralysis, or other physical or mental impairment that may have occurred as a direct result of the aviation accident
If you or a loved one were involved in an aircraft accident or plane crash and you believe that you have a personal injury case and are owed damages, contact the aviation accident lawyers at Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys as soon as possible.
We are here to assist you throughout the entire process.
Statute of Limitations on Aviation Accidents In Illinois
In the US, the statute of limitations for plane crash personal injury cases is three years from the crash date. Injured parties must file a written state agency claim.
You cannot file a lawsuit until after a 180-day investigation period, unless the aforementioned claim is formally denied.
If a plane crashes, consult an aircraft attorney. They’ll guide you through the complex lawsuit process and advise on your actions.
We are here to help you and your family get the compensation you are owed.
Failure to sue within 3 years after an aviation accident may prevent victims or families from getting deserved compensation.
If you hope to recover damages after being involved in a plane crash wreck or aircraft accident, securing legal counsel as quickly as possible is essential.
Aviation Accident Damages and Settlements
The airplane accident case value hinges on damages and harm suffered by victims.
Damages can be recovered or settlements made for a number of reasons, including but not limited to:
- Disability due to injuries from the accident or plane crash
- Current or immediate medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Loss of earnings or wages (in the present)
- Loss of earning capacity in the future (in the event of a disability or catastrophic injury, or wrongful death)
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage or destruction
After a plane or helicopter crash, you might feel pain, injuries, inconvenience, limb loss, paralysis, or permanent disfigurements.
You may miss work, and it might become impossible to continue in your previous role due to significant issues.
Aviation incidents may even involve catastrophic injury or fatalities, which could lead to a wrongful death lawsuit.
Filing a lawsuit after an aviation accident helps recover damages. Parties include the manufacturer, pilot, controller, and insurers if applicable.
Aviation Accident Trials
An aviation accident lawsuit can settle out of court, agreed upon by both parties and their lawyers. If no settlement is reached, they may take an aircraft accident to trial.
Aviation accident lawsuits go to trial due to a number of reasons.
If the pilot, controller, or others are at fault and insurance won’t admit it, a trial may decide damages.
Fatalities and Wrongful Deaths in Airplane Accidents
If you have lost a loved one in an aviation accident or plane crash you may have grounds or a cause of action for a wrongful death lawsuit.
While no amount of money or financial recovery will ever fully assuage your grief, you have the right to compensation.
Working with an aviation accident lawyer who has experience handling wrongful death cases can help you recover costs for medical bills, loss of income, loss of companionship, and pain and suffering.
Navigating the complexities of aircraft accident lawsuits and wrongful death lawsuits and ensuring that appropriate at-fault parties and their insurance companies pay the full settlement or damages owed is a job for an aviation accident lawyer, so if you believe you may have a plane crash wrongful death claim against an airline or similar entity, contact the Chicago wrongful death attorneys at Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys as soon as possible.
What Should I Do During a Plane Crash Lawsuit?
To navigate legal systems like aviation accident lawsuits, avoid direct contact or accusations towards defendants, their insurance, or associates.
Before pursuing an aviation accident lawsuit, gather records, consult an experienced lawyer, investigate claims, identify responsible parties, and determine jurisdiction.
All communication with the defendants or potential defendants during an aviation accident case should be through your attorney.
Our Chicago Aviation Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help
At Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys, our first and foremost goal is to protect the rights of the injured.
If you’ve experienced a plane crash, we can assist with personal injury cases, explaining laws, precedents, and compensation.
We help with medical bills, pain recovery, and guide personal injury cases. Our team also assess eligibility for legal action post-aircraft accidents.
We know that a plane crash can be a catastrophic and traumatic event that affects you, your family, and your career in many complicated and devastating ways.
Being in a plane crash has long-lasting effects on your health, income, and family’s future.
If you’ve lost a loved one in a plane crash, you deserve compensation and support without added stress from insurance companies, airlines, pilots, manufacturers, or controllers.
All of the above reasons are why you should work with an aviation litigation attorney who has experience dealing with plane crashes and the associated injuries and trauma who can help you recover costs for pain and suffering, loss of earnings, loss of earning capacity, medical bills, disability, and emotional distress.
Contact Our Trusted Aviation Litigation Attornies
Have you or a loved one been in a plane crash or aircraft accident and need an aviation litigator or airplane accident lawyer to help you sue for damages?
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your legal situation and help you determine the next steps.
Please contact Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys in Chicago and schedule a free case review and confidential initial consultation by completing our short contact form.
We’ll find a convenient time for you. You won’t pay lawyer’s fees unless we recover compensation for you.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Chicago, IL
Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys
10 S La Salle St STE 1230
Chicago, IL 60603
Monday: Open 24 hours
Tuesday: Open 24 hours
Wednesday: Open 24 hours
Thursday: Open 24 hours
Friday: Open 24 hours
Saturday: Open 24 hours
Sunday: Open 24 hours
Our personal injury law firm in Chicago, IL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Boating Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Bone Fracture Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Burn Injury Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Brain Injury Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Child Injury Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Civil Rights Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Commercial Events Injury Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Commercial Fire and Explosion Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Dog Bite Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Spinal Cord Injuries Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Train Accident Lawyer in Chicago, IL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Uber Accident Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Whiplash Injury Lawyers in Chicago, IL
- Workplace Injury Attorneys in Chicago, IL
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in Chicago, IL