If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle wreck in Joliet, IL, it’s important to understand your legal options. You may be entitled to significant compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering. An experienced Joliet motorcycle accident lawyer from Zayed Law Offices can help you fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Our attorneys have decades of experience advocating for accident victims like you. We’ve helped clients in similar situations recover tens of millions of dollars in compensation over the years.
How Can Zayed Law Offices Help if I Was Injured in a Motorcycle Accident in Joliet, IL?
As a motorcycle accident victim, there’s a good chance you’re struggling with serious injuries. When an accident wasn’t your fault, you shouldn’t have to deal with the aftermath alone. By filing a personal injury claim, you can recover money to offset your costs and compensate for your trauma.
Still, the insurance company won’t be quick to write a check for fair compensation. They’ll probably make you jump through hoops to recover any compensation at all. Then, they might even blame you for the accident.
An experienced Joliet personal injury attorney at Zayed Law Offices can stop the games and force the insurance companies to take you seriously. Our lawyers have been rated by Super Lawyers and listed among the Best Lawyers in America.
When you hire us, we’ll go above and beyond by:
- Carefully investigating the circumstances of the crash
- Gathering evidence to prove what caused the crash and who is liable
- Consulting experts as we assess your case value
- Defending against victim-blaming strategies designed to reduce your settlement
- Negotiating with the at-fault party and their insurance company
We’re here to make things easier so you can focus your energy on recovering. To learn more about how our Joliet personal injury lawyers can help, call for a free consultation today.
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Illinois?
The Illinois Department of Transportation publishes annual reports on motor vehicle accidents in the State of Illinois.
A total of 3,274 motorcycle accidents were reported across Illinois in 2021. That year, 2,544 motorcyclists were injured in accidents statewide, and 174 motorcycle riders were killed. In other words, 83% of all motorcycle wrecks in Illinois caused at least one injury or death in 2021.
Unfortunately, car accidents involving motorcyclists tend to be the most dangerous. Motorcycle accidents represent only 1.1% of all traffic accidents in Illinois. However, they also represent 13.8% of all fatal accidents.
How Much Is My Joliet Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
The severity of a victim’s injuries directly impacts the value of a personal injury case. Unfortunately, motorcyclists are extremely vulnerable to severe and catastrophic injuries when they’re involved in car accidents.
Many factors must be evaluated when valuing your personal injury claim, including:
- Whether you will make a full physical recovery or suffer a permanent impairment
- The cost of your medical treatment to date
- Whether you are able to work and whether your future earnings will be diminished
- Whether you share any blame for the crash
- The cost of repairing your damaged bike and other property
- How the injury will impact your quality of life and lifestyle
Putting a dollar value on an injury is a complex process. Fortunately, our lawyers have handled similar cases before. We’ll invest both our time and our resources to conduct a full investigation. With the results, we’ll be armed with the evidence needed to win full financial compensation in your case.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims of Motorcycle Crashes in Joliet, IL?
After a motorcycle accident in Joliet, you should be entitled to recover compensation for all of your financial costs. These are called economic damages. You should also be entitled to compensation for your emotional distress and trauma (your non-economic damages).
This may include compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and employment benefits
- Lost future earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Property damage, including vehicle repairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
You may be entitled to additional damages in fatal accident cases. If you lost a loved one, our lawyers can help you file a wrongful death lawsuit and fight for fair compensation.
How Can Comparative Negligence Laws Impact My Right to Damages if I’m Blamed for Causing a Motorcycle Accident in Illinois?
Illinois follows a modified comparative negligence law. Sharing some blame doesn’t automatically disqualify you from recovering damages.
If your share of fault is less than 51%, your compensation is reduced by the percentage of fault allocated to you. However, you will be barred from recovering compensation once your percentage of fault hits 51%.
Obviously, the less blame allocated to you, the better. That makes it important to have an experienced Joliet motorcycle accident attorney handle your case. Our attorneys are fully prepared to defend against any allegations that you caused the crash. Just call for your free case review today.
Motorcycle Wrecks Have the Potential To Cause Devastating and Life-Changing Injuries
Studies show that wearing a helmet can help prevent serious brain injuries and death. Still, wearing a helmet can’t protect you from all serious injuries. When you are injured, our lawyers will be there to help.
Contact our team today if you have suffered motorcycle accident injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Chest injuries
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Don’t let your injuries prevent you from getting the legal advice you deserve. After you have received medical attention, call our personal injury law firm to schedule a free case evaluation.
What Causes Most Motorcycle Accidents in Joliet, Illinois?
There are many different factors that cause and contribute to motorcycle wrecks in Joliet. The fact is, most of these crashes are completely avoidable and are caused by driver negligence. In other words, crashes happen when drivers in passenger vehicles are rushed, careless, or simply not paying attention.
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Failure to use turn signals
- Aggressive driving
- Dangerous left-hand turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Road hazards, including uneven surfaces and potholes
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Defective vehicles or safety equipment
- Limited visibility caused by poor weather
Multiple factors can contribute to the cause of a crash. Because determining causation is the first step toward determining liability, it’s important to have an experienced attorney investigate your accident.
What Is Negligence and How Do I Prove It After a Motorcycle Accident in Illinois?
Negligence is a failure to use reasonable caution under the circumstances.
In legal terms, negligence means that:
- The at-fault driver owed you a legal duty of care
- They made some type of mistake and breached their duty of care
- The breach was the direct and proximate cause of your accident
- You suffered damages, typically meaning injuries, financial expenses, and emotional damage
To prove these elements, you’ll have to offer the insurance company some evidence about what happened.
Our lawyers will search for the evidence necessary to establish your right to compensation, including:
- Police reports
- Video footage from dash cams, traffic lights, and nearby businesses
- Hard data from the accident scene, including skid marks, vehicle damage, and general conditions
- Statements from eyewitnesses to the crash
- Photos of the wreckage
- Medical records
- Testimony from accident reconstruction accidents
Our lawyers in Joliet are ready to fight for you. We have the resources to conduct a full investigation. Contact us today to get started.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Motorcycle Accident in Illinois?
In most cases based on negligence, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit under Illinois law. The statute of limitations starts to run on the date of your accident
The two-year deadline might make it seem like you have a long time to take legal action. Remember that it can take time to build a strong claim for compensation. It could be months before you reach maximum medical improvement.
The bottom line is that it’s always best to establish an attorney-client relationship sooner rather than later.
Contact a Joliet Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you could be facing a long road to recovery. If the accident wasn’t your fault, it’s important to recover fair compensation to help you through your recovery. Zayed Law Offices is ready to stand up and defend your rights. Call today at (815) 726-1616 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Joliet motorcycle accident lawyer.
Additional Local Resources
Joliet, IL Emergency Rooms
- Ascension Saint Joseph - Joliet Emergency Room - 333 Madison St, Joliet, IL 60435
- Presence Health - 301 Madison St Ste. 310, Joliet, IL 60435
- Ascension Medical Group Illinois - Primary Care Joliet - 201 N Hammes Ave, Joliet, IL 60435
- Duly Health and Care - Joliet Immediate Care - 2100 Glenwood Ave, Joliet, IL 60435
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated on Google.
Our personal injury law firm in Joliet, IL also provides:
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Joliet, IL
- Car Accident Attorney in Joliet, IL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Joliet, IL
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Joliet, IL
- Premises Liability Attorney in Joliet, IL
- Ridesharing Accident Attorneys in Joliet, IL
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Joliet, IL
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Joliet, IL
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Joliet, IL