Car accidents in Joliet, Illinois, can be life-altering for the victims and their families. Motor vehicle accidents result in catastrophic injuries, substantial financial hardship, and emotional distress. When you are injured in a car accident, you need aggressive lawyers to pursue maximum compensation for your damages.
Our Joliet personal injury lawyers at Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys have decades of experience handling personal injury cases. We have a 99% success rate for the cases we handle. Our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for our clients since our law firm opened in 2009.
We understand what is at stake when you hire our law firm for a car accident claim. Our legal team will diligently pursue the parties responsible for your accident to get you the money you deserve.
Call Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys at (815) 726-1616 to schedule a free consultation with a Joliet car accident lawyer. We are available 24/7 to talk with you about your car accident case.
How Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help if You’ve Been Injured in a Car Accident in Joliet
Experience counts when you are fighting to obtain fair compensation for a Joliet car accident claim. Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys is one of Illinois’s top-rated personal injury law firms. Our lawyers have appeared on numerous major news networks and have a reputation for getting successful results for our clients.
Our Illinois personal injury attorneys have top ratings from leading organizations, including Best Lawyers, Avvo, and Super Lawyers. They have appeared on the Top 40 List by The National Trial Lawyers and have been recognized by leading organizations for their legal expertise and commitment to clients.
When you hire our award-winning Joliet personal injury lawyers, you can trust we will handle all matters related to your case, including:
- Performing an independent investigation to determine the cause of your car crash
- Obtain copies of accident reports and police reports
- Identify all parties who could be responsible for your damages
- Confirm insurance coverage and file insurance claims
- Work with leading experts to gather additional evidence for your case, as needed
- Determine how much your car accident case is worth by documenting all damages and losses
- Aggressively negotiate for the total value of your damages
- File a lawsuit and take your case to trial, if necessary
At Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys, we pursue all avenues of compensation for your damages. We accept cases on a contingency fee basis, so you do not pay any attorney’s fees unless and until we recover compensation for your claim.
Call now for a free case evaluation from one of our experienced car accident lawyers in Joliet, IL.
We Handle All Types of Car Accident Cases in Joliet, IL
Our Joliet car accident attorneys have extensive experience handling all types of cases in this area of personal injury law, including the most complex. Examples of car accident cases we handle include, but are not limited to:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Side-impact crashes (T-bone accidents)
- Interstate accidents
- Single vehicle crashes
- Intersection accidents
Regardless of the severity of your car crash, you can benefit from sound legal advice. Before you talk with an insurance adjuster, call Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys for a free initial consultation. Learn about your legal options from a trusted advocate for accident victims.
Joliet Car Accidents Can Cause Severe Injuries
All car crashes can cause catastrophic injuries and life-threatening conditions. Our Joliet car accident attorneys at Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys have experience handling cases involving all types of car accident injuries, including:
- Neck injuries and whiplash
- Back injuries
- Severe burns
- Internal organ damage
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Crushing injuries
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue injury
It is essential to seek immediate medical treatment after a car accident. Delays in medical care can raise issues regarding the cause of your injuries, which can make it more difficult to win your case.
Common Causes of Joliet Car Accidents
Sadly, most car crashes can be avoided if drivers follow Illinois traffic laws and avoid distractions while driving. Negligence and human error are the most common causes of car accidents in Joliet. Examples of factors that lead to car crashes include:
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Exhaustion and drowsy driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Road rage and aggressive driving
- Following too closely (tailgating)
- Illegal lane changes and U-turns
- Inexperienced drivers
Other factors can contribute to the cause of a car accident, including weather conditions and hazardous road conditions. In some cases, defective cars and parts could be the reason for a car accident.
Identifying the factors that led to the car accident is crucial. Only the parties who contributed to the cause of the crash can be held liable for your damages. Our Joliet personal injury attorneys can investigate every aspect of the collision to discover the cause and identify the responsible parties.
How Do I Prove Liability for a Car Accident in Joliet, IL?
Before you can recover compensation for your injuries, you must prove that another party’s negligence caused the car crash. When you hire us, our legal team will search for evidence to prove the legal elements of your car accident claim. Those elements are:
- Duty of Care – All drivers have a duty of care to operate their vehicles safely, follow traffic laws, and take reasonable steps to avoid causing an accident.
- Breach of Duty – A driver breaches the duty of care when they fail to act with a standard of care that a reasonably prudent person would have used in the same situation.
- Causation – The driver’s breach of duty was the proximate and direct cause of the car accident.
- Damages – You suffered injuries, financial losses, and other damages because of the other party’s breach of duty.
You have the burden of proving your case by a preponderance of the evidence. At Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys, we work to build solid cases proving causation, fault, and liability. We will pursue claims against each party who contributed to the cause of the crash to maximize your chance of receiving a settlement or jury verdict for the total value of all damages.
What Damages Can I Receive for a Joliet Car Accident Case?
Illinois personal injury laws provide compensatory damages for parties injured in car crashes. The damages include compensation for your monetary losses (economic damages). You can also receive compensation for your pain and suffering (non-economic damages).
Examples of damages in a car accident case include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Occupational, physical, and other rehabilitative therapies
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Household services and personal care
- Physical pain and discomfort
- Past and future lost wages
- Diminished quality of life
- Scarring, disfigurement, impairment, and disability
- Reduction in earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Illinois law provides for punitive damages in specific situations involving extreme conduct from the at-fault party. Courts rarely award punitive damages. However, our Joliet car accident lawyers analyze your case to determine if the facts support pursuing punitive damages.
How Much Is My Joliet Car Accident Case Worth?
Numerous factors affect how much you can receive for a personal injury claim. Factors that help determine how much your car accident case is worth include, but are not limited to:
- The type of injuries you sustain in the car accident
- The medical treatments you receive for your injuries
- The duration of your recovery period
- Whether you sustain permanent impairments or disabilities
- Your ability to return to work and earn the same level of income you did before the accident
- Your appearance before and after the accident
- The availability of insurance coverage and the policy limits
- The parties involved in the case
- The strength of your evidence
- Whether you could be partially at fault for causing the car crash
Our legal team assesses each of the factors that impact the value of your car accident case. We aggressively defend you against allegations that could lower the value of your injury claim while maximizing the factors that increase the value of your case.
What Happens if I’m Partially To Blame for the Cause of My Joliet Car Accident?
Illinois has a modified comparative negligence standard for car accident claims. A victim’s damages are reduced by their percentage of fault for causing the car accident. Therefore, if a jury finds you were 20% to blame for the car crash, your compensation is reduced by 20 percent.
The law sets a bar of 51% for recovering damages. If you are more than 50% to blame for causing your car accident, you are barred from receiving compensation for your damages.
Insurance companies use comparative negligence to undervalue claims. Talk with our Joliet car accident lawyers before speaking to an insurance adjuster or other representative. It is generally best to allow an attorney to handle all communications with the insurance company to avoid making statements that could be used against you.
What Is the Deadline for Filing Joliet Car Accident Claims in Illinois?
The Illinois statement of limitation for most negligence-based car accident claims is two years from the accident date. A court can dismiss lawsuits filed after the statute of limitations expires, even if you have a valid claim.
However, exceptions to the statute and the facts of your case could change the deadline to file a car accident lawsuit. Therefore, you’ll want to contact Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys as soon as possible after a car accident to avoid missing any deadlines.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Joliet Car Accident Lawyers
Before you sign any documents or accept a settlement offer from an insurance company, talk with one of our lawyers during a free initial consultation. Your claim could be worth much more than the insurance company offers for settlement. However, you give up your right to pursue a court case once you accept and sign a settlement agreement.
Call now at (815) 726-1616 for a free case review from an experienced Joliet car accident attorney. We want to help you receive a fair settlement to compensate you for the pain and suffering you experienced because of a car accident.
Additional Local Resources
Joliet, IL Auto Repair Shop
- Auto Medics - 108 S Larkin Ave, Joliet, IL 60436
- Mike More Miles - 845 N Larkin Ave, Joliet, IL 60435
- AD Joliet, Inc. - 912 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60435
- Elite Auto Repair - 714 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60435
- Joliet Tire & Auto - 1385 N Larkin Ave, Joliet, IL 60435
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated on Google.