Were you injured in a car accident in Aurora, Illinois? Was someone else to blame for the accident? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, and more.
The Aurora car accident lawyers with Zayed Law Offices want to help you obtain the financial justice you deserve from the party responsible for the crash. We have recovered tens of millions of dollars in compensation for our deserving clients. We will work just as hard to pursue fair recovery for you, too.
How Zayed Law Offices Can Help After a Car Accident in Aurora, Illinois
Car accidents are common in Aurora, IL. So are insurance companies and defendants who don’t want to pay for their mistakes. At Zayed Law Offices, we know how to achieve favorable outcomes for our clients by handling the following responsibilities with efficiency and tenaciousness:
- Thorough investigation - We begin each case by thoroughly investigating the factors that contributed to it. This in-depth analysis allows us to then determine all of the parties who may be legally responsible for the damages they caused, allowing us to maximize your recovery and prevent your claim from being devalued by policy limits.
- Evidence collection and preservation - In today’s technological age, there can be a lot of evidence that may strengthen a claim, including information that is stored electronically in vehicles, cell phone data, and nearby surveillance or traffic camera footage. Our legal team can identify, preserve, and collect strong evidence to help with your claim.
- Claim evaluation - At Zayed Law Offices, we work closely with car accident victims on a personal level. We listen to them and get to know how the accident has affected their life. We also consider how their injuries may continue to negatively impact their future. We do this because we care but also because it allows us to properly evaluate claims. When we demand compensation, we demand an amount that corresponds to these details. We can then inform you whether an insurance settlement would provide fair compensation based on the individual circumstances of your case or whether you should proceed to court.
- Claim management - We manage all aspects of your claim so that you never have to worry that your case is progressing. We provide timely updates when the status changes and inform you of your rights at every turn. We also ensure that all case deadlines are managed so you can preserve your right to seek fair compensation from the at-fault party. We are also the point person for your claim, so we can handle communications with the insurance company, protecting you from bad faith practices or harassing phone calls or requests.
- Negotiations - We are experienced negotiators. We know that a critical component to negotiating a fair settlement is to be willing to take your case to court if the insurance company does not make a fair offer. This is why we prepare every case as though it is going to court. This helps us if the case does end in litigation, but it also helps us negotiate from a position of knowledge and power.
If you would like to learn more about how our Aurora personal injury lawyers can help, give us a call today.
How Common Are Car Accidents In Aurora, Illinois?
The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) reports that there are an average of 300,000 car accidents that occur on state roadways each year. About 20% of these accidents result in injuries, while 1% are fatal. Rear-end collisions are the most common cause of car accidents. Speeding is a factor in approximately one-third of car accidents in Illinois. Nearly one-quarter of fatal motor vehicle accidents in Illinois involved alcohol.
In one recent year, there were 3,754 car accidents in Aurora, Illinois, according to IDOT data. Of that total, 992 involved injuries, while 5 were fatal.
What Are the Most Common Types of Car Accident Injuries?
Car accidents can involve dangerous objects, such as flammable substances, crushing metal, and airbags that violently explode. They can also involve significant force and speed. Based on these factors, some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Back injuries
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
- Crush injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Neck injuries
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
If you have suffered any of these injuries, you need to concentrate on your health. You can trust the legal aspects of your claim to the experienced car accident lawyers at Zayed Law Offices.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in Aurora, Illinois?
Vehicles can crash for a number of reasons, but some of the most common causes of car accidents in Illinois include:
- Following too closely
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to yield
- Disobeying traffic signs or lights
- Vehicle defects
- Defective roadways
An experienced car accident lawyer can investigate your accident and determine who is responsible for it.
Who Is Legally Responsible for My Aurora Car Accident?
Some of the parties who may be responsible for an auto accident might include:
- Another driver - Other drivers may make mistakes or drive carelessly, causing the accident.
- The driver in the vehicle you were in - If you were a passenger, you may have a claim against the driver of the vehicle you were in, including a rideshare driver.
- Manufacturers - If a defective auto part caused the accident, the manufacturer of the defective part may be responsible for the accident.
- Government - The governmental agency responsible for maintaining or designing the roadway may be responsible for the accident.
- Alcohol providers - Those who furnish alcohol to drunk drivers can sometimes be held legally responsible for accidents.
A qualified car accident lawyer will consider all potentially liable parties and sources of compensation to maximize your recovery.
How Can I Prove the Other Driver Was At Fault for My Aurora Car Accident?
Illinois is an at-fault state for car accidents, meaning that the driver who is found at fault for the accident is responsible for the financial damages they cause. This means that it is very important to be able to prove the other driver was at fault to secure maximum compensation for your claim.
Generally, you must prove that the at-fault driver was negligent in order to obtain compensation. Negligence essentially means “carelessness,” and it occurs when a person violates a duty of care (such as the duty to drive safely and obey traffic laws), causing another person to sustain damages as a result.
Proving negligence often relies on strong evidence, such as:
- Accident reports
- Photos or videos
- Cell phone records
- Medical records
- Eyewitness statements
- Electronic data recorder information
Sometimes, expert witnesses may be hired to provide additional evidence.
What Is My Car Accident Case Worth in Aurora, IL?
One of the most common questions our Aurora car accident lawyers are asked is, “How much is my case worth?” The potential value of your case depends on various factors, such as:
- The type of injuries you suffered
- The severity of your injuries
- The economic damages you suffered, such as the cost of your medical bills and lost wages
- The pain and suffering you endured
- The nature of the defendant’s actions
- The insurance coverage available
- How the accident impacted your life
An experienced car accident lawyer can give you a better idea about the potential value of your claim after speaking with you. Call us today to set up your free consultation.
What Is the Timeline To File a Lawsuit After a Car Accident in Illinois?
Illinois has a statute of limitations that sets a deadline by which you must file a car accident lawsuit. In most cases, this is limited to two years after the date of the accident.
Some insurance companies string claimants along and delay the case until this time limit passes so that claimants will be unable to seek compensation through the court system. It can take time to build a claim by investigating the accident, requesting medical records, interviewing witnesses, and negotiating a claim with the insurance company.
Our team at Zayed Law Offices will ensure that your case is ready to go to court if necessary and file it within the applicable statute of limitations.
Contact Our Knowledgeable Aurora Car Accident Lawyers for Help With Your Case
If you were hurt in a crash, an Aurora car accident attorney from Zayed Law Offices can help you seek fair compensation after a car accident injures you. We want to help you recover the money you need for your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, pain, suffering, and more.
Contact us today at (630) 348-9513 to learn more about how we can help. We provide a free, no-obligation consultation, so you have nothing to lose by contacting us to learn more about your legal rights and options.