Traffic lights are designed to keep order on Chicago roads. Unfortunately, not all drivers obey traffic lights as intended, making the roads unsafe for everyone.
If you’ve been hurt in a red and yellow light accident in Chicago, IL, you have a right to seek compensation for your injuries. Our Chicago personal injury attorneys at Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys know how to help you fight for the money you need for your recovery.
Give us a call at (312) 726-1616 to schedule a free consultation. We will review your case and offer some preliminary legal counsel. We operate on a contingency fee basis, which means if we don’t win compensation for you, you don’t pay attorney’s fees. You have nothing to lose by giving our car accident lawyers a call today.
How Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help After a Red and Yellow Light Accident in Chicago
At Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys, we consider our clients to be our family. That means we fight for them just as we would for our own.
To date, our Chicago car accident lawyers have obtained tens of millions of dollars for injured victims in the area. You can count on us to give you the same exceptional legal services.
When you choose us to represent you in your red and yellow light accident in Chicago, Illinois, our legal team will get right to work on the following:
- Investigating the accident to understand its cause and who was liable
- Reviewing critical evidence
- Consulting with leading experts
- Calculating total damages
- Developing a legal strategy
- Handle settlement negotiations
- Representing you in court, if needed
We believe a strong attorney-client relationship is critical to a smooth process, so we make sure to keep you informed and involved in all major decisions.
Reach out to us today to discuss your case with one of our accomplished Chicago trial lawyers. The sooner you call, the sooner you will be on your way to a full recovery.
Red and Yellow Light Accidents in Chicago
Red and yellow light accidents tend to occur most often at specific intersections within the Windy City, often causing serious injuries and wrongful deaths.
Among the most hazardous intersections are:
- East 79th Street & South Stony Island Avenue
- East 9th Street & South Stony Island Avenue
- West Garfield Boulevard & South Wentworth Avenue
- West Garfield and South Wells Street
- N Michigan Ave & E Wacker Dr
- W Cermak Rd & S Clark St
- N Columbus Dr & E Wacker Dr
- W 47th St & S Western Blvd
- N Halsted St & W Hubbard St
- W Ontario St & N Orleans St
Whether you were injured at one of the above intersections or anywhere else in the Chicago area, our experienced personal injury lawyers are here to advocate for you.
Causes of Chicago Red and Yellow Light Accidents
When you suffer an injury due to another’s negligence, it’s bad enough that you have to deal with the physical and emotional pain—you shouldn’t have to pay for the financial consequences as well.
Identifying the cause of the accident can help us determine who was liable.
There are a number of causes that could result in red and yellow light accidents:
- Attempting to beat a yellow light
- Running a red light on a right turn
- Making a left without a dedicated green light
- Not braking in time at a red light, resulting in a rear-end collision
When drivers fail to obey basic traffic laws, they should be held responsible and financially accountable.
Red and Yellow Light Accident Injuries
Intersection crashes can result in a wide variety of injuries ranging from mild to severe.
Some of these injuries could include:
- Cuts and bruises
- Sprains and strains
- Broken or fractured bones
- Back injuries
- Injuries to the spinal cord
- Chest injuries
- Brain injuries
- Limb loss
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Concussions and other head injuries
When we calculate your total damages, we will be sure to take into account all your injuries—both physical and emotional.
What To Do After a Red and Yellow Light Accident Occurs in Chicago, Illinois
After a red and yellow light accident, you may feel disoriented. However, taking these steps following an accident can help protect your rights in the event you choose to pursue legal action:
- Stay nearby but at a safe distance
- Call 911
- Assist anyone who needs immediate aid
- Provide law enforcement with information for the crash report
- Exchange insurance and license information with other drivers
- Do not apologize or accept blame for the crash
- Get contact info from any witnesses
- Take photos/video of the accident site, injuries, and property damage
- Seek medical treatment even if you don’t think you’ve been injured
Gather all the above information and contact our personal injury lawyers at Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys. Having the right lawyer in your corner can make all the difference in the outcome of your case.
Contact a Chicago Red and Yellow Light Car Accident Attorney for a Free Case Review
If you sustained injuries in a Chicago accident involving a red and yellow light, you may be eligible to receive compensation to cover financial losses such as your medical bills, lost income, and physical therapy costs. You may also receive compensation for personal losses such as pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and emotional distress. Our Chicago red and yellow light car accident attorneys are here to assist from start to finish.
Call Zayed Law Offices Personal Injury Attorneys today to learn more about our personal injury firm and how we can help you get past the accident and move on with your life.